Gayatri Mantra Words & Its Benefits
The ancient Vedas says –
To chant the Gayatri Mantra
purifies the chanter.
To listen to the Gayatri Mantra
purifies the listener.
Gayatri Mantra Words
The Gayatri Mantra consists of twenty-four syllables – three lines of eight syllables each. Gayatri Mantra is considered as one of the most sacred phrases uttered in the Vedas.
ॐ भूर्भुवः स्वः
भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि
धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात् ॥
Om Bhur Bhuvah Swah
Bhargo Devasya Dhīmahi
Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayat
The History Of Gayatri Mantra
The Gayatri Mantra, (also called ‘Maha Mantra’) has been chronicled in the Rig Veda, which was written in Sanskrit about more than 2500 years ago, and the sacred mantra may have been chanted for many centuries before that. The ancient Hindu scriptures describe how the sage Vishwamitra was given the Gayatri mantra by the Lord Brahma as a reward for his many years of deep meditation.
For ages, this sacred Mantra was a well-guarded secret, withheld from women and from those outside the Hindu Brahmin community. Today, it is chanted and meditated around the world with deep faith, love, and devotion.
Gayatri Mantra For Sun God
Sages and the ancients did conclude that the Sun was the visible proof of the Supreme power. They adored the Sun as the principal deity in the Gayatri mantra. “Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayāt” – May the Sun illumine our intellects in the same way he sheds his effulgence. So the Gayatri Mantra is the prayer addressed to the Sun.
Sages knew that the Sun was the most important factor in determining the daily life of a man and it provided the basic requirements for living. Life would be impossible without the Sun for man, animals, birds or even plants. The Sun was regarded as the source of all energy and responsible for birth, growth, and destruction of all things in creation. It was for this reason that Sage Viswamitra glorified the Sun God (Savitr) in the Gayatri mantra.
Gayatri Mantra Benefits
- Chanting of Gayatri Mantra Calms the mind
- Regular Japa of this sacred Mantra improves immunity.
- Gayatri Mantra chanting is the best way to increase concentration.
- Daily chanting of this mantra brings Prosperity and happiness in a family.
- The nervous system is strengthened by this mantra chanting.
- This mantra chanting helps improve memory power.
- One gets intellect and a decision making power by this Mantra.
- Gayatri Mantra helps beat stress.
- It strengthens the mind and keeps the depression at bay.
- The face, eyes, and skin of a Sadhaka always glow by chanting the Gayatri Mantra.
- Chanting of this powerful Mantra creates positive vibrations in the environment.
- Chanting of this Mantra removes fear from the practitioner and make him brave.
- This Mantra chanting controls uneven emotions.
- The practitioner of this Mantra is filled with wisdom.
Gayatri Mantra Benefits For Students
- Gayatri Mantra chanting by a student will illuminate his mind.
- His mind will become sharp and he will become a brilliant student.
- Gayatri Mantra improves the memory power and increases the grasping power of a student.
- He will become brave.
- This Mantra will remove the complexes from the mind of a student.
Chanting Gayatri Mantra may bring immense benefits into the Sadhaka’s life. The chanting of this Mantra can grant him the ability to become eternal and enlightened. He can himself become a source of knowledge. He can show the society the path to come out of suffering and cycle of life and death. Gayatri Mantra is a complete prayer for protection, nourishment and finally, liberation.
Also Read –