Dhanurasana – Bow Pose Yoga – Benefits & Contraindications
Dhanurasana (धनुरासन – Dhanurasana In Hindi), also called Bow Pose in Yoga, is very effective in weight loss program. In the final pose, the arms give the impression of the string linking the torso and legs into a bow. Initially, this pose may look a bit difficult to perform, but once having done it, it will boost great confidence in practitioner and will help him conquer all fears. Dhanurasana Yoga pose is a great way to release stress. It helps to reduce belly fat fast. It Strengthens ankles, thighs, groins, chest and abdominal organs and spinal cord. Bow pose in Yoga is a great stretch for the spine, abdomen, hip flexors and biceps. Dhanurasana works in many ways to stretch out the body and its parts, stimulating its organs to perform to their optimum.
Dhanurasana is an ancient yogic pose which stretches the whole body from head to toe. The regular practice of this pose result in improved flexibility of the practitioner. Dhanurasana is one of the poses in Yoga that stretches all the major muscle groups in our body. This asana stretches the spinal cord thus facilitating the proper blood flow within the spine. It thus helps in lubricating and lengthening the spine.
Dhanurasana Benefits (Bow Pose Benefits)
- Dhanurasana strengthens the spine and the back.
- This asana removes constipation and cures dyspepsia, rheumatism, and gastrointestinal disorder.
- The pancreas and the adrenal glands are toned, balancing their secretions.
- It is a very effective pose for a weight management programme.
- Dhanurasana improves the posture of the practitioner.
- It reduces fat, energizes digestion, invigorates appetite and relieves congestion of the blood in the abdominal viscera.
- It is a very good asana for stimulating Manipur Chakara.
- The asana is useful for the management of diabetes.
- Dhanurasana Yoga pose is a great way to release stress.
- The spinal column is realigned and the ligaments, muscles, and nerves are activated.
- It stretches the lungs and is good for asthma treatment.
- It stretches complete alimentary canal.
- The posture of Dhanurasana develops an attitude of self-confidence and fearlessness in a practitioner.
Dhanurasana Benefits for Females
- Dhanurasana is good for the management of Menstrual Disorders.
- It should be added to the series of Yoga Asanas for Weight Management.
- It is also one of the Yoga Asanas for PCOS.
- Dhanurasna should not be performed by people suffering from high blood pressure, hernia, colitis, peptic ulcer or even any heart ailment.
- It should also be avoided by pregnant ladies.
For more on Dhanurasana, also visit –